Even though fence maintenance for vinyl fences is incredibly low, there is still a certain method and amount of elbow grease necessary to clean them. Simple supplies such as soap and water are useful in cleaning vinyl fences. Barring more than a bucket of soapy water and a few soft rags and brushes, you could also use a bottle of spray-on vinyl cleaner if you wish. It it recommended you give your vinyl fence a simple cleaning once every three to six months.
Here’s how to easily clean a vinyl fence:
- Many fences can be sprayed down with a water hose and be fine after that. Try spraying it down with a hose first and then see if any more complicated measures will be needed.
- For more in-depth cleaning, you can use either the bucket of soapy water, vinyl cleaner or both. If you’re mixing both in the same bucket, make sure you don’t dilute the vinyl cleaner with too much water.
- Scrub the dirty areas of the vinyl fence with the rag in the bucket of soap and water. If it is vinyl cleaner, spray it on and wipe the fence off with a dry rag or cloth.
- Vinyl fences rarely need to be repainted, so after your fence air dries you do not need to add another layer of paint.
- When the fence is done drying, it should look as good as the day you installed it!
At Hercules Fence of Richmond, VA, we have vinyl fencing. It has become very popular lately because of its clean appearance and long product life with minimal maintenance. Classic picket styles offer the “All-American” look in a state of the art product. Privacy fences mimic the look of wood without the warping, expansion or contraction, and without succumbing to the elements of weather. PVC fences are produced through a co-extrusion process to promote rigidity and strength. UV inhibitors are added to help maintain an attractive appearance for many years. PVC fences won’t warp, rot or splinter. If it is a gate you need, please ask about our standard steel frame gates with PVC boards attached to the frame. You will find our Hercules PVC product to be tough and durable, without comprising any aesthetic appeal.
If you choose Hercules Fence of Richmond, VA today, you’ll learn why we’re the best in the business. The knowledgeable people of Hercules Fence have developed a reputation since 1955 for professional service and quality installation. With over 50 years in the fence business, we are well aware that our reputation must be earned anew every day.
Contact Hercules Fence of Richmond, VA today at (804)752-7992 or contact us on our website to talk about a residential or commercial vinyl fence.
Also, check out Hercules Fence of Richmond, VA on on Twitter, Google+ and YouTube!
Source: Fence Cleaning and Maintenance Tips, Anchor Fence